The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
There are three core values of our faith – Salvation, Holiness and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values which guide all aspects of The Salvation Army in Canada & Bermuda.
- Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
- Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons
- Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
- Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy, and accountable.
- Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
- Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships
- Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.